Salisbury Kennel Club
Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019
At the PWDCA Supported Entry at the Salisbury Kennel Club All-Breed Show, Debra Thornton judged the regular classes and Best of Breed, making the following awards:
- Best of Breed - GCHB Ch Far Away Black Star, owned by Laura Taft Paulsen, New York, NY. (Went on to take 2d in the Working Group)
- Best of Opposite Sex - GCH Ch Skipjack's Royal Wave @ Oak Hill CGC TKN BCAT, owned by Louann Tracy, Catonsville, MD.
- Best of Winners, Winners Dog - Captree's Sea Wolf, owned by Sandy Meijas, Alexandria, VA. (Also Best Bred by Exhibitor in Breed; Went on to take 2d in Bred By Exhibitor Working Group)
- Winners Bitch - Saltydawg's Easter Joy, owned by Ada & Bob Popek & Karen Kirby Ash, Coatesville, PA.
Angela Kalmanash judged swepstakes, making the following awards:
- Best in Sweepstakes - Northstar's Into the Mystic @ SeaAngels, owned by Michael Antunes & Barbara Weisman-Geibert & Carolyn Iraggi, Furlong, PA.
- Best Veteran in Sweepstakes - Ch Far Away Hestia Jones NA NAJ OF CGC, owned by Laura Taft Paulsen, New York, NY.
DelMarVa PWDC Water Trial
Sept. 21-22, Camp Pecometh, Centreville MD
At the Club's annual PWDCA Sanctioned Water Trial, Judge Frank Cardillino qualified 15 teams:
- Kiki (Seaworthy's Love That Notorious RBG) and Cindy Miner - JWD
- Limerick (DownEast Lysander's Limerick) and Sally Merz - AWD
- Brio (Windruff con Brio) and Luther Flurry - AWD (x2)
- Drummer (Silver Sands Sgt. Pepper) and Robin Valliant - AWD
- Lola (Miraval Lola Booboo Bean) and Elle Brunner - WWD, 2d Leg toward WWDX
- Cher (Riverbend Hi-Jinx All or Nothing) and Ashley Cook - WWD, 2d Leg toward WWDX
- Blue (DownEast Come Blow Your Horn for Respingo) and Karen Kelly - WWD
- Dazzle (Baywatch Dazzle with Style) and Anne Paige - 2d Leg toward WWDX
- Stella (Neaptide Stella Maris at Lindor) and Linda Stauch - WWDX
- Taylor (Hat Trick White Diamond) and Julie Asbed - CWD
- River (Augustine Swift River) and Jan Reinert - 1st Leg toward MWD
- Perry (Cutwater Here There and Everywhere) and Diana Schaub - 3d Leg toward MWD
- Sizzle (Windruff's Splashpoint) and Jenny Mobley - 1st Leg toward MWD2
The Trial Committee included Chair Mike Mobley, Secretary Mary Sebera, Chief Steward Carol Mattingley, and Jenny Mobley.
DelMarVa PWD Club Water Camp
June 1-2, Camp Pecometh, Centreville, MD
DelMarVa PWD hosted water camp for members and other PWD water trial enthusiasts to get ready for the summer water trial season. Lauren McDermott, a water trial judge and host of the water trial
training Facebook group, Courier Canines, shared her approach to training for water work.
Wilmington Kennel Club
April 27, 2019, Lums Pond State Park, Bear, Delaware
At the PWDCA Supported Entry at the Wilmington Kennel Club's All-Breed Show, on Arpril 27, John Constantine-Amodei judged the reguar classes and Best of Breed, making the following awards:
- Best of Breed - Ch Pouch Cove Above It All, owned by Milan Lint
- Best of Opposite Sex - Ch Silver Sand's Sgt Pepper RN NA CA CGC, owned by Robin Valliant
- Best of Winners - Pouch Cove Live Wire, owned by Peggy Helming
- Winners Dog - Pouch Cove Buzz In The Air, owned by Peggy Helming
- Best of Breed Owner-Handled - GCH Pouch Cove Le Paysyage De Van Gogh CGC, owned by Lori & Paul La Plante (went on to take 4th in the Owner-Handled Working Group)
Benita Bottom-Svitchan judged the Sweepstakes classes.
The Keystone PWD Club organized the Supported Entry on April 28 at the Penn Treaty Kennel Club. DelMarVa PWD Club Member Sandy Mejias judged the Sweepstakes.